Industrial Technological Dimension
Cooperative systems achieve their full effectiveness only if they involve as many road users as possible. For this reason, European automotive manufacturers are working together across all brands in a Car-2-Car-Consortium.
The common objectives are pursued in the C-ITS project. Participants from the industry are: BMW AG, Daimler AG, Ford Deutschland GmbH, Adam Opel AG and Volkswagen AG as well as the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA).
The most important common objectives from a technological and industrial point of view are:
- the development of a European standard for V2X-Communication
- the establishment of a system which can be extended to other future cooperative services
- the provision of a cross-border frequency range for V2X-Applications
- the disclosure of acquired findings to interested prospective partners and the publication of essential specifications and results
- the global harmonisation of V2X-Standards