ITS World Congress 2015, Bordeaux (05.-09.10.2015)
The ITS World Congress is the world's largest event for intelligent transport systems and services. Through the main theme "Towards Intelligent Mobility – Better Use of Space" this year's event focused on how intelligent mobility can be purposefully used.
Cooperative Traffic Systems – safe and intelligent
The C-ITS Corridor project was represented at the event with both an exhibition stand (E 20) as well as lectures (PR04, Deployment of Cooperative ITS in the C-ITS Corridor - Mastering the Challenges, 06.10.2015, 17:15-18:45, Project Room).
Special Interest Session: PR04, Deployment of Cooperative ITS in the C-ITS Corridor – mastering the challenges
In a thematic block outlining the pan-European C-ITS developments, the presentation of the C-ITS activities could be complemented with practical experience from the perspective of a road operator. Leading representatives from the three C-ITS Corridor countries presented and discussed the possibilities of new technologies as well as the challenges and solutions that arise from the cross-border provision of a Cooperative ITS in Europe.
- Achim Reusswig (Hessen Mobil - Road and Traffic Management, Germany)
- Graham Smethurst (German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), Germany)
- Helge Molin (Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, Austria)
- Konstantin Sauer (Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, Germany)
- Frans Op De Beek (Rijkswaterstaat, The Netherlands)